Friday, January 23, 2015

Are You Ready for Some Football??? NFL Super Bowl XLIX

NFL SUPER BOWL 2015

First of all you're probably wondering why someone like me (who is a fashion addict, and girly girl), is doing a post on the Super Bowl! Well, I have four sons, and grew up surrounded with nothing but sports.  Hockey was our main focus, but football is now the sport of choice to watch...college and NFL.  I really had no choice but to either get involved and enjoy it, or I was on my own.  Not to say there weren't plenty of times that I chose shopping over a game!  But now, I truly enjoy it, and I am 100% game on!  I love watching football...it used to just be Monday Nite Football, now it's expanded to Thursday Nite Football, and the weekends.  I am really looking forward to next weekend-February 1st, to watch Super Bowl XLIX, with the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots. It's already started with quite a bang, with "Deflate-Gate," where the Patriots are accused of deflating their footballs. Well, let the games begin...the face off between quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Tom Brady.  I haven't quite decided which team I am going to root for!  I'm a big Russell Wilson fan...he's young and such an amazing quarterback,  but I also know how talented veteran Tom Brady is.  I try not to hold it against him that he played college football at the University of Michigan (I am a Michigan State Spartan graduate)!!!  Sometimes my oldest son will ask me which team I'm rooting for, and who's going to win, because for some reason, I am pretty good at it!  Little does he know that I usually pick the team by which uniform I like better, and which quarterback I think is cuter lol.  I laugh, but it's amazing how many times I'm right picking the winner!  And in case you didn't notice, I posted images of both quarterbacks without the helmets and football gear! Anyway, this is a strictly girls guide, in case you're not even sure who's playing, so you too, can get involved on Super Bowl Sunday!  I've found some awesome recipes for appetizers, and drinks, in case you're hosting your own party.  There's some fun facts about the players and the Super Bowl!  Hope you enjoy! I know I will...with some awesome snacks, ice cold beers, and fabulous company with my sons!
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

  

  MEET THE QUARTERBACKS
RUSSELL WILSON from the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
TOM BRADY from the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
RUSSELL WILSON from the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Wilson’s six wins to one loss give him a .857 win percentage. Wilson has a post season career total of 1,305 yards, seven touchdowns and five interceptions. Wilson will become the youngest quarterback to start two Super Bowls.
TOM BRADY from the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Brady’s 20 playoff wins are the most by a quarterback in league history. His .714 win percentage is the highest of quarterbacks with at least 20 playoff starts. In those games, Brady has passed for a total of 7,017 yards, 49 touchdowns and 24 interceptions.


MEET THE BOYS OFF THE FIELD!
RUSSELL WILSON
TOM BRADY
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
RUSSELL WILSON
TOM BRADY


SUPER BOWL PERFORMANCES

Idina Menzel will be singing the National Anthem
Jon Legend will sing America The Beautiful

Katy Perry will be performing the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show with special guest Lenny Kravitz

 THE FOOD AND DRINKS!

Click on this link for some awesome Super Bowl appetizers.  I've included some more great ideas for the perfect Super Bowl party.  Click on the description below the image for the recipes for the appetizers and cocktails!
MINI CHEESEBURGER
FOOTBALL SLIDERS
LOADED POTATO SKINS
MINI BURGERS AND BEER
TURKEY TACO CUPS
BUFFALO CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
DIY CUSTOM PIZZA BAR
RAINBOW VEGGIE FLATBREAD
SPINACH DIP WITH VEGGIES IN BAGUETTES
MOZZARELLA BALLS & TOMATO BASIL SAUCE
BLUE CHEESE STUFFED BUFFALO TURKEY MEATBALLS
MINI MAC AND CHEESE PIES
CRIMSON SUNSET
GOLDEN GATE
XOXO COCKTAIL
X-RATED SUNRISE

FRESH SUMMERITA COCKTAIL
MOJITO ITALIANO

No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test